Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Guns always solve the problem!

Critiquing Jordan call's insight on governor Greg Abbott's ignorant/insensitive comments towards  the stabbing at Ohio State university. I could not agree more with your argument, I DO NOT think students having guns on campus is safe WHATSOEVER, regardless of what a majority of people think. If anything it puts students at risk and gives a higher percentage to the wrong person getting their hands on a gun. People often use the argument that carrying a gun on campus is simply for self defense and can prevent assaults but personally I think pepper spray and a pocket knife should suffice--But then again, I wouldn't know for I've never been put in a situation like that. I suppose if students were to carry guns they would be forced to take a mandatory training class on how to properly use a gun, that would be much more comforting; but unfortunately that's not the case. I think all students should take a mandatory self defense class and simply carry pepper spray rather than giving a stressed out student a gun. And that's my take!

No comments:

Post a Comment